How to claim if you were injured by an untraced driver

Hit and run claims for accident victims

If you are injured in a road traffic accident, then the process of making a compensation claim probably already seems daunting enough. For those injured by an untraced driver, the process becomes even more unpleasant.

Often, victims think that hit and run claims are a lost cause as there is no traceable guilty party from which to obtain compensation. Fortunately, this is not the case, as you can still make a claim through the Motor Insurers’ Bureau (MIB).

Ways the MIB can help victims of untraced drivers

The MIB is an insurance-backed agency set up to deal with personal injury claims for victims of untraced drivers. While they are very much a last resort, they essentially act as the insurer for the untraced party if that person is found to be at fault.

Claiming through the MIB will allow you to make an accident compensation claim in the same way as you would for any other road traffic accidents. Our team of personal injury solicitors can help you secure damages for your personal injury and any financial losses you incurred as a result of your accident, including loss of earnings, medical care and vehicle repair.

Road traffic accident solicitors

Our solicitors can help you with road traffic accident claims of all types, whether you are pursuing a hit and run claim or perhaps the victim of an accident with an uninsured driver or someone over the legal drink drive limit.

The team at have helped many drivers, passengers, cyclists and pedestrians injured as a result of road traffic accidents. No matter how complicated you think your claim is, our experts will be able to provide you with the help and support you need. Call us on 0800 652 9515 for more information.

Go to top

Copyright © 2013 Personal Injury. All Rights Reserved